From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 02:25:16 -0700
To Dan Kinney regarding the structures in the gut that "are moving
through"

    Dan - sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday - I agree with Pam
Grant.  There are so many blockages in ferrets - I would feel a whole lot
safer going in and taking a look around.  While it's more expensive,
you'll know what's in there.  The reason things get stuck in the stomach
is that that they are too large to go through the hole separating the
stomach from the intestine.  But once they try to make that journey, they
invariably get stuck, and then the REAL problems start.  You have good
proof that there is something in there - now let's act on the proof and
take it out in a controlled fashion.

Bruce Williams, DVM