From:
Stephanie Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 17:58:33 -0400
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking here for about a week now and am very impressed.  I
search for anything to do with my "critters"(as my mother in law calls them)
and this has been a great source of information.  A couple of day ago
someone asked if boric acid was safe with ferrets.  I was wondering the same
thing.  I read in the book FERRETS IN YOUR HOME that it could be used safely
for controlling roaches around ferrets.  I would really like a second
opinion on this, so if anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate the
information.

Time to brag, I have two ferrets, Winston Cup (2years) and Talledega
(3years estimate).  I go Winston right after they leagalized them in New
Hampshire.  He is the most gental ferret you have ever seen.  He never had
a biting problem or nipping, nothing.  He is very calm and gental, very
good with my little sister (2 at the time I got him at 7weeks).  The only
problem is he has always been very small.  He only weighs 1.5 lbs, but he
is active and otherwise healthy.  Talli I got from a shelter here in
Phoenix about 5 months ago and she nipped occasionally when I got her but
she is now just fine and completely trustworthy.  She has the softest fur
and the shortest legs of any ferret I have ever seen.

She bounces all over the house at full tilt.  She is faster than the others,
(my mom has two also here in the house) and she can stop on a dime.

Sorry to have taken up so much time and space just felt like rambling a
little bit.  Any information on the boric acid would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,  Steph, Winston, and Talli.