From:
Debra Ann Velie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:55:49 EST
Hi!  I have had problems with 8-in-1 multi-vitamin treats and 8-in-1 skin
coat treats.  My ferrets loved them right from the beginning and I felt
better about giving them these then some of the other treats.  But after
a while I started getting the multi-vitiamins and when I opened the bag
they would either just crumbles all apart or were moldy.

i contacted 8-in-1 and they said there was a problem in the shipping of
these products and were working on correcting it.  I started taking them
back to my local Petco and showed them what they were like.  I didnt see
them so readily available for awhile but in the last 6 months I found
them everywhere.  I purchased them again and they were ok for awhile, but
now again, every once in awhile I find a bad bag and throw them out.  I
also had the same problem with the skin & coat treats but not as often.

Now I check them as soon as I open them.  8-in-1 did send me a box of
these treats free of charge since I had such a problem.  They were all
good bags too.  So just be careful with these treats/vitamins.  A few
time I didnt pay close attention and put some in my ferts cage at nite
for treats.  But they were so bad they crumbled on the shelves and left
a stain.  My ferts were smart enough not to eat them though (thank god).
Sometimes they even had a horrible odor as soon as i opened the bags.
I still give them to them once in a while as long as the bag is good.

Debbie
Nibbles and Rocky