From:
Marta /Cricket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:50:06 PST
In responce to whomever it was that wondered why we got our 1st ferrets....
Well, in a way, Bandit saved my life too.  I broke up with the love of my
life 2 years ago last Nov.  He and I have always had a special bond...and I
could always feel him, know when something had happened to him, and when he
was upset without ever having seen him.  I would be busy at work, and the
feeling would just hit me.  Well, at the time I didn't realize he was right
in his leaving but he told me that he was so messed up he didn't want to
drag me down with him.  I can see after two years that if I had stayed with
him, he would have used me up emotionally, and destroyed me.  But when he
left, I had such an emptyness in me.  I felt hollow, and alone....and
finally, after 4 months of trying to heal myself I walked into a pet store
and bought my first baby.....and that is what he became to me.  My students
know that when I'm talking about my "babies" that it is my ferrets.  Mom
became "Grandma" and proudly introduces the kids as her grandchildren *grin*
Bandit, and the "kids" that followed saved me.  Saved my heart and my
spirit.  They love me, take care of me, worry about me.  I remember so
clearly a night after I'd spoken to Mike after we'd broken up....I ended up
in the tub crying so hard I was shaking.  The kids kept climbing up on the
side of the tub to kiss me and look at me..and that night all four slept in
bed with me.  I stopped with 4 babies, when one of my friends reminded
me..."Ummmmmm Marta, one more ferret won't make up for one big guy."