From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:31:17 -0400
>Anyone heard of a ferret food that contains bits of bananas in it?  I
>forget the name but while buying harnesses for the girls today I saw the
>food and it caught my eye.  Just wondered if anyone tried it and how the
>fuzzies seem to like it.

I bought some because the ingredients (except the bananas) sounded decent.
My don't like it much and I'm not going to buy it again.  First, apparently
only one of my ferrets liked the banana chips (oh *boy* did they smell awful
after being immersed in fish based ferret food!) and I worried about various
intestinal problems until I realized she was the only one eating the
bananas.  Did weird things to her poop and gave her gas.  Second, it's in a
really little pellet, which they weren't thrilled with (although kits might
like it).  I mixed it with several other foods (I'm trying to find things
high in animal protein) so it didn't have a large impact one way or the
other.

--Barb--