Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:09:49 -0700
Well my 'Velociweasel' finally went and did it.  Worf chewed one of the
rubber anti-slip pads off the bottom of my new fan.  Actually the little
creap didn't chew it at all..... he swallowed it whole!  We've managed to
get passed string and Q-tips (or get them to "pass") with just Petromalt,
but a 1/4 inch square of rubber just wouldn't fit down that small intestine.
Worf was in surgery for about 1 1/2 hours this afternoon to have the
obstruction removed, and at this time is sleeping it off at the Vet
Hospital.  He'll get to come home tomorrow sometime.  My Vet even let me
watch part of the surgery, I got back there just after she actually took out
the rubber chunk.  Poor Worfy has 5 stitches in his little intestine, almost
30 in the inner layer of skin and about 20 on the outside.  (Plus a bit of
super-glue) "Grandma" about had a fit when I told her what the surgery &
meds, ect. cost, but I told her "Hey, just think, if it was a human kid it
would have been at least 10 times as much!"  Dr. Kara said there was very
little damage done to the intestines and he should have a full recovery.
Thank goodness!  I don't think I could handle loosing 2 ferrets in such a
short time.  (My Katie crossed the Bridge on March 14th)  My only wish is
that Worf would remember this surgery and so not eat inedible stuff
anymore...... YEAH!  RIGHT!!

The new baby, Phebe, on the other hand is doing great.  She weighed in at
1.5 lbs at her Vet visit to have her distemper shot.  She is now 13 weeks
old, and such a doll.  She is (honestly!!) 100% littler trained, in or out
of the cage!!  She hasn't had so much as a slight miss in over a month.  She
will even run clear across a room to get to a litter pan in time, no matter
what she's doing!  She has just learned to climb up on my bed all by herself
and is so proud!  I've never seen a ferret dance any more than she does, and
she has even learned to roll over already!  That trick took Worf the better
part of a year to master, and he IS NOT dumb.... just stubborn!

Please keep Worf in your thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Amy Evers
Worf ( The Velociweasel!) and Phebe ( the mighty-mite)
Still missing our sweet Katie.
"Here's Dookin' at You Kit!"

"I Know you, so lets behave poorly together....."   LRM