Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:06:22 -0500
Hello again all,

First I would like to say thank you to all those who wrote me with their
suggestions and well wishes... Zorro got to read them all with me :)

I am sorry I have not been able to write everyone back individually...
I'm sure you can all understand the lack of time when taking care of a sick
little fuzzy.  For those who don't remember my original post, Zorro, my 8
month old baby ferret was diagnosed with cancer, and also had his 3/4ths of
his lungs filled with fluid.  We took him immediately to the vet when we
noticed some symptoms of him not feeling well.  Since then, Zorro has had
another vet visit, at which we were told that his lungs had started
clearing.  In 24 hours, he had regained a third of his lung capicity.  We
were still having to feed him "duck soup" with Timmy's Tonic in it with a
dropper, and he was still not eating solid foods.  Well, the great news is
he started eating solids on Saturday, out of our hands, and eventually on
his own.  We were pleased to say the least!  He has started gaining his
strength back, and doesn't seem to be having such a hard time breathing.
We can only assume that the medicines and treatments are working to clear
his lungs, and hopefully the cancer.  He was actually playing for the past
day or so... and having a fun time dooking around, although not yet at 100%
his normal vigor.  His next vet appointment is Friday, and the Dr will have
to asperate him if the fluids have not cleared enough out of his lungs,
since its now safe to put Zorro under.  I don't want to have to put him
through surgery, espicially now that he is feeling better and regaining his
strength, but we will if necessary.  My hope is that we won't have to, and
that we will be able to beat this thing!

Thanks again to everyone!

Song & her 4 fuzzbuts
Zorro (I'm better, see mommy??? No more medicines)
Yang (I'll take care of him mommy)
Dizzy (wheeeee, he's getting better, can we play yet)
Thor (I'm big, I'll teach him to be a man ferret!)