Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:26:02 -0500
Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and I respect others opinions.

I take offense to someone that - has not rescued and nursed hundreds
of ferrets back to health, some from the brink of death because of
previous owners care, not spent thousands of hours on the phone helping
people with sick ferrets from all over the US and other countries, not
spent years working with conventional and non-conventional healing
techniques to try to find what works for ferrets, - to think they
know what is best for all ferrets and slams others if they think
differently.

The 22 foods are a mixture of ferret/kitten/cat foods. Beneful is the
only dog food in my mix. When I had dogs the ferrets would steal pieces
and after the dogs died I continued to let the ferrets eat the beneful
because they liked it and there weren't any soft kibble ferret foods at
that time. Soft kibble 8 in 1 is in my mix since it came on the market.

Felidea cat is one of the high quality kibbles I feed and it is an
excellent cat food just as Wysong, Innova, Evolve, Wellnes, Timberwolf
are. Most of the ferret foods are included.

I feed different kibbles because when ferrets come to me, it makes the
transition easier on them to feed what they are use to because ferrets
imprint on foods. If they want to switch to a different kibble they
have that choice. Other ferrets may decide they like that kibble so
it stays in the mix. And because I add new high meat protein kibbles
as they come on the market.

I chose to mention what I feed to show that my diet is a mixture
of what is considered good nutrition and not so good nutrition for
ferrets. If I were a typical owner with 2 ferrets I would not feed
22 different kibble choices.

I have healthy happy ferrets and anyone that has been to our home can
attest to the soft shiny coats, good weight, good muscle tone, good
activity levels, clear eyes, and the painstakingly loving care they
receive.

As for the raisin juice technique, it has saved ferret lives that
were near death and nothing else was working for them.  It was never
intended as a continuous diet.  Perhaps I need to expand on the
explanation in the handout if I've not made it clear enough.  When a
ferret is dying, sometimes it takes something unconventional to bring
them around.

And if I'm anything, it certainly is unconventional.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org