From:
Toni Harrelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 20:32:25 -0400
What a terribly sad event for you.  Let me tell you something that might
make you feel better.  We have 4 ferrets of our own.  The fourth one came to
us by way of an accident such as yours.  This little baby was loose for
about 2 months and at that time it was really cold here in Florida - about
38 degrees outside :( The pet shop called us and said that they had a ferret
that needs help and that we are very good owners and wanted us to take her
and help her.  She was so sick.  She got down to l pound and had no hair on
her back at all, covered with fleas.  We had learned that she was living
under a house for the 2 months and stealing dog food to eat.  But, she did
survive on that.  When we took her to the vet he said she was just
malnourished and she would get better if we could care for her.  I believe
they will always maintain some sort of survival instincts.  That's why she's
okay.  Now, Angel weighs close to 3 pounds and her fur is almost fully back.
What a happy, playful thing she is!!  Have faith.  Yours will be okay and
someone like us will find her and return her to you or take very good care
of her themselves.  Good Luck!!  Please let us know how this turns out.  My
heart aches for you.