From:
Diane Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 07:18:57 -0600
Hi there.  Someone yesterday asked about putting baking soda in the litter
box to cut down on odor.  We do it fairly often, although I dont use the
scented kind made specifically for cat boxes, just the normal kind you bake
with.  It really does help absorb the urine smell and Rocket has never had a
problem with it.  I usually empty the box, sprinkle it right where the urine
goes, and pour the litter on top.  Rocket isnt one of those bulldozing
ferrets (ie doesnt snorkle through the litter) although he does like to hop
into the box to scratch himself.  I figured since the stuff was edible, it
couldnt be too harmful.  Anyone know differently?

diane