From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:40:35 -0500
It takes a very long time to learn ferret 'language'. Yet even though
most ferrets will use the same 'text' there are those that have a very
decided inflection. Jeep is one of those and it is taking me a long
time to learn all his 'text's.

As I sit here in the computer room typing Jeep will come to me, but
only once in a blue moon. He is not as sociable as other ferrets have
been and for him to come to me it is one of those inflections. He will
do that when he has cleaned out his feed dish or his water bowl is
empty. He is trying to tell me something is wrong. So when he comes
to me while I am on the computer I know he is 'telling' me something
is not right. So I go check and for sure he was correct !

Jeep is not a cuddly huggy ferret. He very much has bonded to me but he
really does not like to be petted. Very independent, kind of like me.

I put him back in his cage and instantly he goes to check his feed
dish. First thing every time ! Is like it may be gone or empty or
something ! Ha! I know he has been well treated all his life so this
is not a learned reaction that was needed. Is just Jeep being Jeep.
The same thing when I let him loose about the house, first thing he
does is go check his feed dish every time. Is always well appointed
but he has to check just the same.

Now if I can only get him to vacuum the house !!

_12-2Addy CEO