Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 16:19:15 -0400
I just recently purchased two male ferrets, they have been descented and
neutered.  They are approximately 1-1/2 years old.  They are litter trained,
and the previous owner let them have the "run of the house." The ferrets
were purchased for my two daughters, who absolutely adore them.  I honestly
didn't think that I would be a "ferret fan", but I have come to love them
dearly.  They are soooo energetic and playful.  My husband and I have been
"ferret proofing" our house, and so far seemed to be pretty successful at
doing so.  I have researched ferret care, etc., but my one question/concern
is what do ferrets eat as treats.  I have bought the proper nutritious food,
and supply them with fresh food and water daily, but I am a bit confused as
to what treats to give them.  Any help would be appreciated....

Also, as you will soon see, I also have numerous other animals in my
home...!  So far, the ferrets have gotten along well with everyone, except
the cat.  Whiskers has taken a definite attitude and has made it very clear
that she does not want to share her domain with anyone, especially a ferret
(or two).  Is it likely that the ferrets and the cat will EVER get along?
Whiskers acts really interested in the ferrets, but then she becomes very
miffed if they show any interest in her.  (I have been very cautious with
the ferrets and the birds.  The birds are not allowed playtime until after
the ferrets have playtime.  So far, no problems...)

Thanks a bunch....

Matilda Hill and the animal pack:

Rocket:  I'm the pretty sable
Dusty:  No, I'M the prettier silver