From:
Kelly Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:36:54 -0800
Hi,

I have a 5year old male ferret that has been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma
of the prepuce.  He had the tumor removed 3 months ago, and now it appears
to be back.  My vet thinks to remove this tumor we may have to reroute his
"plumbing".  I am wondering if anyone has had this done with a male ferret,
and how the ferret fared afterward?  I don't want to put him through this
if it is going to be too traumatic for him, as it may not add that much
more time to his life.  Right now he seems well, and still loves playing
with the Christmas Ornaments under the tree, so far it hasn't interfered
with his quality of life, but seems to be growing fast.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has had any experience with this procedure
and condolences to all those who have recently lost their little buddies.

Julie