From:
Helen Chuang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:23:54 EST
Help!  The pet store doesn't carry the type of litter I've been using in
the past, so I just switched to a recycled newspaper, pelletinized litter
made for ferrets.  Felicia wants to do anything but to poop in it!  I've
put her poop in the litter, but she just grabs a piece of "untouched"
litter with her mouth and tries to chew on it.  Either that, or she'll
burrow her nose in it and try to dig it all out of the pans.  She's usually
very good about her litter boxes, but this litter is a much different
shape, texture, and smell than what she's been using.

Any advice on how to teach her that her new litter isn't food or a toy?
We've been battling over this all day.

Thank you!
Helen