From:
Jaclyn Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:42:19 PDT
Hi all!!!!!
The boys on my end are generally doing well, I'm usually a lurker, but
always have my head racing, just never stop to type the emails...but here
are some thoughts for everyone:

>From:    Elizabeth Polk <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cry for help
>...I found a completed service order in my bathroom, and part of the work
>they did was of course in the sunroom where the kids are staying.  SO know
>my complex knows that I've been hiding them, and I'm very afraid that it's
>just a matter of time before I get the notice to get rid of them or move
>out...

Elizabeth,
I ran into a similar problem while in college.  We were to have one pet,
but instead my roommate had two cats and I had two ferrets of my own and
two foster ferrets.  Frankie, the maintenance guy came over several times
for repairs, always stopping to ask what the "ferrets" (he pronounced it
like berets) ate, where they pooped, etc.  He knew the policy, just didn't
care, as it didn't affect him any.  So, be cautious, but don't jump the
gun, as your maintenance person may not care either.  I certainly wish you
the best of luck with the fuzzies, no matter what happens!!!!!!  Let me
know how things go.

                        ----------
>From:    DRhoads2 <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret food and The Ferret Store
>Unfortunately one of the bottle was empty and most of the ferrittone was
>soaked up in the box...We called them up at costomer service and explained
>the problem to them...they would send another bottle.  Didn't ask for the
>old one, had no veirfcation other than the name and the order #, but were
>willing to replace it on our word alone.  An the next day the bottle came,
>they FEDEX ed it next day service at their expense,
> Dennis   The Terror Ten

Dennis,
I ordered three name tags from The Ferret Store, a style that you wrote
the info on a paper card and put that inside clear heat shrink tubing and
put the collar through it.  They were great tags, but didn't fit over the
buckles of my ferrets' Hagen H-style harnesses or their Marshall bell
collars.  So, I called them to get a return approval and they said they
would credit me the money, no problem but they didn't want me to send the
ID tags back, they said it was unnecessary.  Unbelievable!!!!  What a
company!!!  They have always been thorough, quick, and very-service
oriented!!!!  Yeah for The Ferret Store!  This story leads me to a second
post, which I am sending separate in case people skip over this long post.

Thanks,
Jaclyn
Kif, Trevor and Fred