From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:46:17 -0500
My ferret Mikette who just turned 7 and has been bravely battling
insulinoma has been going to the bathroom more and more frequently.
She has been on Prednisolone and diaoxide for over two years, and been
on lasix for about five months now.  She has extreme hindend weakness
and misbalance, and is free roam in a carpeted ferret room.  She manages
to have accidents all over the room, so she can get around, but not
steadily.  Recently she seems to have a bit less control, and the piles
to clean up are increasing.  I cleaned the rug this evening (over 10
individual spots after cleaning it early this morning) at about 5, and
now at 7 there are already 3 new spots.

Also, while eating her kibble mush (twice a day with meds) lately she
makes a gagging sound once while eating it.  This just started this week,
like she's eating too fast.  But tonight she did it more than once while
eating.

We're going to make a vet appointment on Monday, but any thoughts?

Risa