From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 06:36:14 -0700
Rachel wrote: "p.s.  one more thing-- do whiskers grow back?  Both girls
got into contact with SOMETHING (and I am still turning the apartment
upside down trying to figure out WHAT) that caused the ends of their
whiskers to get singed.  Neither were hurt at all, thank heavens, just
toasted whiskers.  Keeping an eye on them until i figure it out, and
wondering if the whiskers will grow back?"

I would check for possible access to the broiler part of your oven.  In my
old apartment, there was a hole large enough for ferrets to get in, and
Slinky and Kyle went in and got their whiskers burned off by the pilot
light.  Kyle's were completely burned off on one side and singed halfway
on the other.  Slinky's were just singed halfway on one side.  Gizmo was
smart enough not to try such a stupid stunt. :-)

It took a couple of months, but the whiskers did grow back.

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus one Herdling
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Rootie the beagle
Missing Gizmo so much. We love you, baby.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html