From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:04:44 -0700
I have many thoughts running about my head, so I figured I would just put
them all in one post.

1. shot time!  The Herd is scheduled for their shots on Tuesday, 9/5.
Wish us luck that there are no reactions.

2. litter!  Well, I went back to Yesterday's News, for now.  I had bought
some other kind of newspaper pelleted litter at PetSmart that was cheaper.
But it STANK and it was dusty.  So we'll be on Y.N.  until Home Depot
starts carrying the stove pellets again.  BTW, I also tried those Aspen
pellets (kind of like feline pine).  Not bad, it doesn't seem to crumble
into dust as easily as F.P.

3. Kyle!  Kyle is on my sh*t list.  He went on a biting frenzy of my feet
last night while I was trying to do my make-up.  Needless to say, I got
mascara in my eye.  Ouch!  Maybe I should have taken my socks off.

4. baths!  I found a new trick that Kyle and Slinky both seem to like
while getting their baths.  I have a shower attachment with a long hose, so
instead of filling the tub for a bath, I shower the ferrets.  Well, Kyle
and Slinky like to lie flat on their backs, with the water pouring down on
them, while I suds up their fat little bellies.

5.  Rootie!  Not ferret-related, but I had to share.  My crazy beagle,
Rootie, had his first experience with toads last night.  I walked him about
9pm in a misting rain.  There were toads out on the sidewalk.  When Rootie
went up to one, it started to hop away.  It was the cutest thing to watch
Rootie actually hopping after the toad to try to get him.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Fert luv and fuzzy hugs to all those with sick ferrets
and those who have lost them.

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus one Herdling
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Rootie the beagle
Missing Gizmo so much. We love you, baby.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html