From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:48:16 -0800
To any people interested in helping hslters in your area. If yo are
unaware where a shelter may be around your neck of the woods, a
wonderful resource is the Support Our Sheltrs shelter list. By visiting
the site Supportourshelters.org you may visit any state list of ferret
shelters. This posting will tell you the city in which they are
located, some specific addresses some by P.O. Box. You can contact
each with the numbers posted and learn certain information about each
shelter.

I would suggest you also check the list provided in neighboring states.
Sometimes it is closer to travel to a shelter in a neighboring state
than one in your own. Anyone that needs help won't care where you come
from!!

There are some shelter folks who are not tied into the FML between
working full-time jobs and running their shelters. Some folks also play
catch-up over the weekend or only catch posts on weekend, or Mondays
when they return to work. So if a post is not repeated it aometimes
may not be seen.

Support Our Shelters is supportive to the ferret community and shelters
in so many ways. If you know of a shelter who is not on the list please
encourage them to sign up, there are more perks for them to be hooked
up than possible drawbacks!!

The contact person for the shelter listings of SOS is Sharon Beardon,
a ery dedicated lady, as are all the SOS members. You can click on her
name that appers in red on this site to send an e-mail.
http://supportourshelters.org/SOS-ShelterList2.html
or e-mail her directly at [log in to unmask]

I hope this is helpful to volunteers and shelters in need of help.

Cathy Ryan
Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3