From:
Chris Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 13:11:42 -0500
I just got two ferrets.  A brown sable named stimpy and an albino named Ren.
They are both very cute.  But when I went to let them play and meet my
family the other animals (two dogs and a cat) came in and they were enemies
from the beginning.  First of all I think the cat thought that the ferrets
were very long rats.  And the dogs did not know what to think.

I guess ferrets don't get scared very easily because first they went after
the cat.  The cat was looking at the Ren ready to stalk.  While Stimpy came
up behind the cat and started to sniff her.  Then started to jump in circles
all the way around the cat and the cat got scared I think because he took
off running.  And now will not even get with in 2 feet of them.

The dogs on the other hand were amazed by the animal but still kept there
gaurd because of what happen to the cat.  But still the dogs would keep
going up to the ferrets and sniff them and once I thought the dog got clawed
on the nose by the ferret.  But after that they have all became friends
(except for the cat).  Because Ren and Stimpy were ot of the cage and my dog
Cody was asleep and the ferrets went up to him and fell asleep on his
stomach.  And my other dog Honey will come up and give them a friendly lick
once in awhile.