Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 15:14:23 -0500
Hi,
I just finally caught up on my reading, was only 10 days behind.  The issue
of how much vets charge kept coming up...Why not give your own shots?

Most people that raise animals like goats, rabbits, hogs, cattle and sheep
have learned to treat their own animals.  People give shots on a daily
basis.  It is very simple and so much cheaper.  Prices for Fervac are way to
high, considering that you can purchase it for $1.60 plus shipping per
dosage, (you do have to buy it in lots of 10).  Fervac has no restrictions
as far as I know.  Rabies vaccine (IMrab3) is even cheaper, but does have
restrictions to what states it can be shipped.  Syringes and needles only
cost pennies.

Having been around animals most of my life, I have learned how to deal with
many situations.  Anything from treating injured animals, pulling kits on
goats and rabbits, giving vaccanations to my Ferrets and cat, treating wry
neck on rabbits with just plain Pen-V, to give you just a few examples.

I know that some people have a hard time giving shots, why not ask a friend
who knows or is willing to learn help you?  Have someone show you that knows
how to give shots.  I know if you are like me and have a hundred plus
animals you do have to learn to make do.  There are other alternatives for
you, if you choose to do so.

Just my $0.02 cents worth...
Mini Tafoya

PS If you need information where to purchase FerVac and IMRab3 please e-mail
me directly.