From:
Tim Emmerich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 02:31:47 -0800
Greetings,
This is my first posting to the list, so 'howdy to everyone.'

My pet ferret, Phineas, is on his 'fat cycle.' I want to blame it on the
fact that he thinks it is winter, but I don't know what is going on.

About a year ago, he starting to put on lots of weight.  Taking him into the
vet, he was almost a pound overweight (3 pounds instead of normal 2).  We
were concerned and the VETs perplexed.  The VETs even did an ultrasound
(talk about expensive) and determined he was just 'fat'.  Oh, poor Phinease
the Fat Ferret!

So, we switched him to less-active cat food and tried to get him some more
regular exercise.  In time, he did get close to normal.  However, he still
goes through these fat cycles, I think this is his third one now.

Anyways, sorry for bothering you, I'm just hoping someone else has
experienced this and overcome it, so that I can get Phineas back to his
normal healthy weight.

Feel free to email me directly ([log in to unmask]).

Thanks,
Tim