From:
Kaye J FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:55:11 +0100
Looks like we need to celebrate a victory :-))  My friend sent this email
this morning:

The rabies control board of Rutherford County, Tennessee voted last night
NOT to reopen the last drop bin in Smyrna, Tennessee.  They voted to
DEMOLISH it.  It looks as if the battle is finally won.  The board's
decision must be ratified by the Public Safety Committee and by the full
board of commissioners but I suspect that they will ratify it.  You can
read the story at this site:

http://dnj.edge.net/index.ez?viewStory=7265

One year of fighting and they held firm about leaving the bins open.  One
week after 20/20 made a call on the County Executive, the drops will be
closed.  Hmmmm - I wonder why?

K.

LOST DOGS UK (List of Lost & Stolen Dogs)
http://www.pavilion.co.uk/lostdogsuk/
A Free, Internet & Web Based Service to Dog Owners