From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:13:12 -0800
Yesterday, someone posted (see < and >):

>So far, nothing new has been said that hasn't been covered over and over
>in the past.  The interview with the MF person revealed nothing new (of
>any substance) that I could see.  FML members have posted this same
>information many times.

You and I disagree on this point.  I have seen NOBODY post results of an
interview with anyone at MF.  All I have seen are people who wont reveal
a) who they talked to there
b) general statements that have no information - just rumors.  My
reasoning for going this route, was to reveal what I found out DIRECTLY
from Peter Reid.  This is what was missing in the MF debates on the list.
I am sorry that YOU feel nothing new was revealed.  I am also insulted at
the suggestion that my efforts mean nothing.  That hurts.  I do feel there
was valuable information from the interview.

>I commend those of you who are trying to change things but I think it
>would be appropriate to take it to another List and let those who are
>interested, join.

I am glad you are commending those who are taking action instead of just
whining and complaining and then doing nothing.  I have seen that time and
again on this forum so I can understand one being sick and tired of the
MF debate.  However, your suggestion of taking it somewhere else does not
bide well with me.  Does this mean that the food debate should also have a
seperate list?  Time and again there are topics brought up repeatedly, but
that is what happens when new people join ANY list.  I only come to the
FML because it is the BIGGEST and most successful.  I don't have time to
be on five or six different lists that cover different topics and only
contain a few members.  I joined the MF list, yet none of the people who
are still posting about MF on here, have submitted anything to it.  Why do
you think that is?  Probably because they also don't have time to go to
several different ones either.  This list is about and for ferrets (well,
ferret owners) and unfortunately, the farm issue is part of the ferret
world, just as the debate about food, vet care, and so forth are.  If you
don't like what you read on the FML, skim it or maybe you want to go to
one of the other lists that contain only those topics you are interested
in?  I have gained a wealth of information from every debate and I
disagree that each time, nothing new is learned.  In addition, when people
are on other lists and they make one post to cover all the lists they
belong to (cross-posting) they get beat up for it by those who also belong
to several of the same lists and have to see the same post over and over.
Do you see my point on this?

I am very sorry if some of you are tired of the MF stuff.  On one hand, I
think that is good and maybe then you will be more encouraged to help out
with changing the things you don't like.  There will always be people on
the FML (or any list) that aren't interested in some of the posts or
information.  Yet I don't see those people suggesting other topics or
starting threads on what they would like to see.  To me, this is another
example of someone simply complaining and not doing anything constructive
to change things.

So I ask, instead of complaining about what is being discussed, why don't
you start a thread about something you are interested in discussing?  More
than likely, if it involves ferret stuff, it has already been discussed
previously on here (LOL), but that is fine with me!

No offense, but I am deeply hurt that you felt the information I presented
from Peter Reid was no different than previous posts.  That was really
demeaning to someone who is so passionate about getting this stuff
resolved for the betterment of ALL ferrets.  That is where I am coming
from, be constructive and do something.  Simply stating "I am tired of
this or tired of that" does no good.  What do you want to discuss?