From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:30:53 -0500
Jim wrote:
>Many of you may remember the story of Ben the ferret that had bit and
>electrical cord and had a big hole in the roof of his mouth.  The operator
>of the Dook Nook took on the responsibilty of saving this litte guy form
>a horrible fate.  It seems that another person has taken credit for this
>monumental task and has sued the operator of the Dook Nook for possession
>of Ben.  The Dook Nook operator was never informed of a hearing and kept
>checking with the court as to a date for this hearing.  Well today this
>"other person" showed up at the Dook Nook with a deputy sheriff and seized
>Ben and another ferret named Jeremy.

Oh, my gosh!  I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds!  If so, please, other
person, mend bridges and don't cause harm; don't hurt, don't sue!  PLEASE!
If this is as it sounds in the posts may we help with something toward the
legal costs?  Maybe someone near you knows a lawyer who is willing to
donate labor, then others like us could help with the material costs?
Please, give address.  It seemed like a good division of resources had
existed; that's the way it SHOULD be.  What went sour?  Can't something
be worked out with the ferret's needs placed first?

Nancy, you are doing the right thing by going by how Buehler feels and
acts!

Weezlwatcher gates: Yes, we've had the same two for years.  They regulary
get tripped over and pulled down but have never cracked at all!  They are
great!

Azucar is sweet and so are you!  You were anonymous so I have to thank you
publicly.  Many thanks!

Sukie

P.S.  Today really brought home to me how much people appreciate the help
they get form fellow FMLers!  You folks are just plain wonderful!  (Of
course, with Bill leading the charge how could you not be?) I got over 300
messages and cards just today!  Plus there ere snail mail ones, and about
50 earlier in the week!