From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:58:48 -0800
Hi.  Our Wally is going in for surgery this Thursday.  We'd appreciate
any healing thoughts and prayers, if you're so inclined.

This will be Wally's second insulinoma and adrenal surgery.  He is seven
and a quarter.  He also has a very large, hard growth (bigger than an
egg!) low in his right abdomen.  This past week he has begun grinding his
teeth and having dark stools.  He's getting a bajillion meds, poor baby,
carafate, amoxi, pediapred, Proglycem, baby food, sub-q fluids.... the
works.  He can't walk well any more, and runners for him criss-cross our
home.  He's our second fur kid, and extremely very sweet.  We have a
wonderful surgeon, Cindy Bishop, who is bringing her own boy fur kid in
case a transfusion is needed (the growth could be his spleen or on his
spleen).

My favorite Wally story happened after we lost sweet Percy, our first
adrenal boy.  We let the fur kids "view" his body.  Wally took our first
fur kid, Gadzook, and holed up in our small carrier (Gadzook's first home).
Wally wouldn't let any of our other six fur kids inside and let out a
piercing scream if anyone approached!  This from a normally docile and
sweet fuzzy.  Waltee, however, has one weakness... squeaky toys.  And
Tarzan, the wise, smart, and kind, cleverly brought a squeeky ball to the
door of the cage where he was instantly allowed entrance!  Tarzee then,
being even smarter (he thought), clompled off to put the squeak toy back
in hiding, and returned quickly, sans ball, at the mouth of the carrier
to eagerly await entrance.  Loud screams once again barred his entrance!
Tarz, the brave and mighty, did not dare brave fearless Wally, who seemed
to be protecting his beloved Gadzook....

And, we are hedging our bets to make sure we don't lose our Wally by asking
for healing thoughts and prayers, for those inclined, from folks.  He seems
very fragile, but he seemed fragile before surgery last year and did better
than any fur kid we've ever had go through surgery!  His heart, which
checked out great in an ultrasound last year, sounds loud and clear.

Three cheers for Mr. Wally LeMarche!   And... thank you :)

Lynn, Wally, two-legged Janos, and Gadzook, Claudette, Minnie, and
Lucy.... the Fearless Five!... and 19-year-old Mr. Wellington the Cat