From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:40:47 -0500
Please, forgive the quote marks for this ENTIRE piece below. I
originally wrote it for something else but lost my copy and only have a
reply which someone sent. The words are my own.

Two important additions:
1. The intranasal vaccine can make a person contagious to ferrets and
people for a while.
2. Illnesses that begin as both very fatal and very contagious usually
later wind up milder (and you will see why in the text below).

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/