From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:02:24 -0600
Hi Again ;o)

Okay, I sure didn't mean to start up a debate on A/C here, and think my
point was fairly well "missed" for the most part anyway.  The issue that
was intended in the post was simply that there are many people in this
world and we all have our own peculiar circumstances to live with/in, I
am of the mind that NOBODY should be "faulted" for them period.  I don't
attempt to compel people to ONLY DO AS I DO, nor do I fault them for the
ways they do things, especially when their actions are dictated by their
circumstances.  As far as Dani, Meg, and Marion go, and anyone else too,
you have every right to feel and act as you choose to, and I certainly
don't begrudge you in that you are in a position to do so, indeed I am
sincerely happy for the fact for you all, however, I do think it fairly
reasonable that I should also enjoy that same right, and in like manner,
expect that others would respect and allow me that right freely.  Truly
everyone's life is their own, I can not know what it is like to walk in
your shoes, and niether can you know what it's like in mine, (and I can
assure you, you wouldn't want to if you had to!) The important thing as
far as this list is concerned, is that I LOVE FERRIS, and I do ALL that is
required to provide him with a VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY life with me, as I'm
poor I may utilize different means than others more affluent than I, BUT
those means are assuredly completely sufficient, and I definetly do NOT
NEGLECT my darling in anything he needs!!!  As far as I'm concerned, that
is all that is important.  Ferris is now turning 5 years old, and he has
been with me for 4 1/2 years of his life, has never been sick, hurt, or
harmed in any manner, and I'd bet he dosen't think it's important how
we've managed to have that be the case either, and is just happy to have
me LOVE him, and to LOVE me in return!

And BTW, there is NOT 4 handicapped folks here, just me, I'm alone, and
manage mobility in my home just fine in all regards, here again, there are
in fact MANY sorts of "disabilities".  The post reading that way, was a
typo, because I'd deleted a too derogatory comment from it and simply
messed up on my "cutout" part in piecing it back together.  Also BTW, the
fact is, I live in a 1 bdrm.  bsmt.  suite, wherein I have, happily and by
choice, given up that bedroom to Ferris, (who is NEVER caged!  A practice
which I strongly disagree with myself, but none the less realize that a
great many folks "circumstances" dictate that they do differently than I
am able to do here) and I do myself in fact sleep on the couch as a way of
life.  So even though, I may not be able to get him any A/C, I DO give him
ALL that I can!  It's a great big world full of different individual
people out there, and I'm glad it's so!  I choose to respect folks right
to be themselves, and not just copies of myself, or who I say or might
think they should be.

Without Air Conditioning - But With A Loved And Happy Ferret
Deba Brezden