From:
JUDY MOON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:07:13 -0700
Okay, I have to put in my two bits here.  Whether hobs can stay together any
time after sexual maturity depends on the animal.  You must be sensitive to
your own animals.  I have a father son combination that are so mellow they
stay together year round.  As a matter of fact, I have taken the father
Moonsong's Slinky Sam out and bred a jill and returned him to his cage with
his son.  He promptly went to sleep.  He son is a bit over a year old and I
have not used him yet, so we will see if things change then.  I have another
hob which I purchased from a fellow breeder and was told he did not get
along well with other hobs.  He has been alone, but does get to play with
the youngsters.  He has always been a real gentle guy even with the little
boys.