Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 18:01:40 -0400
I need some advice!  Flower and Chester are being terrorized by three
bullies!  Since bringing Virus, Virgule, and Globule (the French Dalton
gang) into my home, they've brought nothing but fear into the hearts of poor
little Flower and her overweight sidekick, Chester.  Flower has always
pretty much ruled the roost, but now she cowers in fear when either of the
three decide they want to play.  And they refuse to give up, even when she
screams at them to leave her alone.  They won't even let her go to the potty
without harassing her.  Chester, who's bigger than any of them, has the same
reaction.  The only time he'll stand his ground is if they force him to
retreat to his cage, and then he draws the line.  They just don't want to
play with the new kids.  They seem to do ok when we take them outside, but I
assume it's because there are so many distractions that they just don't
focus on each other as much as when they're indoors at home.  We're trying
to occasionally exchange bedding so they can get used to each other's smell,
but it hasn't proven very effective so far.  Is there anything else we can
do?

Michael (Bluejay)

"Ignorance is nine-tenths of the law."

http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay