From:
daphne reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:19:19 PDT
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered their ferrets with
strange bruises, or rash like areas on their bodies that quickly fade
away, but show up elsewhere.

I am probably worrying over nothing( I hope!) but Grunten had a bruised
area on his belly a few days ago.  it was an inch or so long, and went away
after a day or so, there also were a couple of faint tiny pink marks near
the darker one.  I figured he scraped against something and it went away.

Today, 3 days later there are a few more faint marks, and a fairly dark one
at the base of his tail, behind his back.  This got me looking more closely,
and I see a few marks that look like he's been scratching himself a bit,
and they are pinprick sores, and there are a few of the same, faint bruised
looking marks in a couple of other places.  I noticed the really dark patch
early this morning, but by late evening its lightened up quite a bit .

I am going to check with our vet in the morning, but they are so-so with
ferret medicine, and I'd like to find some info if theres any out there.
He's not off his food, active, no hair loss, and stools are ok.  Also I've
not changed food, bedding or anything that I can think of that would cause
a allergic reaction.

If you know of any info I'd appreciate it, e-mail me at
or send a letter here to help anyone else that might encounter similiar
problems.

I am so worried about him I hope it's nothing big, but I want to get him
taken care of as soon as possible.  Thanks for your time.