From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:28:32 EST
During a time long ago and in an olde place,there was a hero known to
fuzzykind as Ferret Hood.He was a brave and smart ferret,who had been
called upon to lend a paw fighting in the Mustelid Wars across the great
waters.Ferrets were disappearing in this far away place,and those that
loved them were being forced to pay a high price for that love.

Upon his return,Ferret Hood found that his families lands,and his
family,had been confiscated,and sent to an unknown location.This could only
be the work of the nefarious Prince Litterbox,the stupid,and his number one
henchman,the Sheriff of Knotingham,the also not so bright.Ferret Hood
became so angry that his tail was a stiff bottlebrush,and he danced around
straight legged.

" I'll make Prince Litterbox pay for this." ,he hissed " Somehow,some
way,he will be sorry he messed with my loved ones and hidey hole,to say
nothing about our raisin stash."

Since he had no where to live now,and nothing to eat,he decided to make a
ferret line to the Surewood Forrest.Surely, he could find a hole to call
his own,while he figured a way to get his family back,and take care of
the evil Prince Litterbox,and his ne'r do well cohort,the Sheriff of
Knotingham.

While in a forrest glen searching for a cozy hole to call home,Ferret Hood
almost ran straight into a rather dirty looking fellow." Who are you?",he
asked the messy furred albino.

" I'm Friar Muck.",the yucky one answered.

' Yes,I can see that.",chuckled Hood." You've got muck all over you."

" Yes,hrumph....well,they do say that too many baths aren't good for us
mustelids.",Muck muttered.

" I do think one every few years would be all right though.",Hood replied."
What are you doing in the forrest,so far from any town?"

" I'm hiding from Prince Litterboxes evil henchman,the Sheriff of
Knotingham.",the untidy white one growled.

" The one that ties you in knots?",asked Hood,his fur rising just thinking
of it.

" The very one.",Muck said." I was very vocal about my opposition to his
stealing from the poor,and stealing the poor.They tied me in knots and
banished me.I guess I'm lucky they didn't confiscate me."

"Hmmm,steal from the poor,eh.",Hood pondered, while his mind worked on an
idea." That gives me a thought.Join me on my quest to pay back The prince
and his underling,the sheriff,and we can pay back the poor at the same
time."

" What do you mean?", queried Friar Muck."

I mean,"explained Hood " to steal from the rich and give to the poor."

" What a great idea!",marveled Muck "But we ferrets are not great thieves."

" We can learn.",Hood replied confidently " Let's go find a place we can
use as a hideout."

Ferret Hood and Friar Muck set off in search of a good hidey hole.
Together,they knew things would be a lot easier,and now that they had the
beginnings of a plan they felt better about their situation.

As translated from the dook by Sandy and Fuzzies