From:
Wayne Stout/MIS/Corp/Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 10:33:25 -0500
Greetings,

I have come to realize that our two fuzzles are not the lovey-dovey cuddle
kind.  Fester will actually let us hold him for about 30 seconds before he
starts squirming, but Meeko is a little terror.  He's probably about 4 1/2
months old, and approaches life with an open mouth and scratching claws.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just play nipping, but he bites HARD!!!
The first time he bit me was on the ear, and suffice it to say that I have 3
holes in that ear now, instead of just one.  My wife and I have tried
cuddling with him to calm him down, but nothing seems to help, and now my
wife is a little afraid of him.  He's as cute as can be, and he plays well
with Fester, but will tolerate no more human contact than is necessary to
get him from the cage to the ferret-proofed room in the back of the house.
We keep them in their seperate cages during the day, because the place we
live in is an old house with a crumbling foundation, and lots of holes for
the fuzzies to escape through.

I'd like to thank whoever posted the tips on yesterday's list.  I'm going to
try those, while wearing gloves and a long sleve shirt at first, and would
appreciate any other advice, since we've only been owned by ferrets for a
couple of months now.

 Many thanks in advance,
 Wayne and Mirella (humans)
 Fester and Meeko (ferrets)
 Sasha, Keeba, Max, and Charro (dogs)

PS, I think that Meeko had decided to join the militant wing of the FLO!