"caride:First caride:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:48:09 -0000
As I sit here at the computer reading over my e-mail, I herd a rustling
around in Grace's Kennel I looked down to see that she was up moving
around, apearing to play by the door, she placed both hands up on the door
and bit at it, as though she wanted to shake it and get out for play time.

Now one might wonder what is so exciting or wonderful about this, however
Previously when it was time to eat we would have to lift her up out of her
blankets and place her to the food bowl and encourage her to eat sometimes
having to force her if she refused.  She was like a slug, we would wake
her up set her in the litter box feed her make sure she drank pleanty of
liquids and she would curl up, or just go back to sleep where sat down.
But now she is anticapating play time and treat time, She is eating well
on her own with no help from us.  And is consuming about a cup a day.  Then
of course today, her expressed desire to get out of her kennel to play!

As I watch her playing, I've seen her tring to jump up and climb on things.
She is very active tonight and is more and more like any of the other
ferrets I have here.  She has gotten so use to the play area that you would
never guess She was blind or Old.  She still has some troubble walking, but
even this is a good deal less than what it was.

Now for an odd question.  Grace seems to have an extra long neck, is this a
genetic thing or is it due to lack of weight?  She has gained several
Ounces over the last couple days and is starting to fill out a little.
Her fur is very corse, nothing like the brillo pad fur she had when she
first came here, but it is very rough.

I have placed a message board on my web page, Advertising for Shelters and
Breeders and all things dealing with the Ferret is alowed.

Trish
Dawning Sky Ferrets
http://home.earhlink.net/~caride