From:
"C. Hoefels" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 01:50:38 -0800
Hi you all,

just a little question.  As i recently filled my bathtub for a hot bath,
my Thor saw a filled bathtub for his first time.  Well, after shortly
expecting the very interesting foam and desperately trying to grab some
of it, he decided, that the distance between him and the foam is a bit to
large, retraced some steps, took a run and jumped into the tub.  I've been
totally shocked, since the water was pretty hot (around 60C) and i feared a
stroke.  In fact he enjoyed it pretty much and even took a dip to get to
the ground.  First thing i learned was that ferrets can swim and dive by
nature.

Ok, i had in mind, that it would be my job to clean up the mess afterwards
and after all, that was MY bath, so i tried to took him out.  He didn't
like that part very much and slippery as he was, he easily escaped my hands
and darted thru my appartment, and jumped onto two sleeping ferret girls
(still wet as the ocean of course).  Guess you can imagine, how my
appartment looked afterwards.  Sorry, got into telling the whole story...
only thing i wanted to know, is, if there is a great danger in letting them
do this or are there some approved temps, that the ferrets prefer, since it
seems, that it can't be hot enough for my little ones ?!

Anyway, hug your fuzzballs of terror and have fun.
Thanks
Carsten from Germany