From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:52:56 -0600
Doc's bad coat was due to poor and lack of nutrition.  Because the collar
was so tight he could only eat a few pieces of food at a time.  He was on
a generic cat food.

Switching him to a high quality food and giving him plenty of
linatone/canola oil mixture and nutrical helped to provide the much needed
nutrients.

Flax seed oil and Wheat germ oil are excellent nutritional
supplements.  They might help those with dry brittle coats.

Surgeries went o.k.  Dancer has a severe heart murmur and is in the final
stages of kidney failure so she was not a surgical candidate.  Spook and
Rascal had left adrenals removed and Swiffer was a huge walnut size right.
Frosty, who I thought would be a typical adrenal surgery, was full of
tumors on her liver and pancreas.  Both adrenals were affected.  Part of
her pancreas was removed to try and give her some relief but that was it.
Her prognosis, as is Dancers, is poor.

We have a new baby.  Scooby.  He is about 7-8 weeks old with a large head,
large feet, and very small nutritionally starved body.  Pet store rescue.
He is a blaze and our first deaf baby.  I'm hoping that the hearing loss
will resolve itself but only time will tell.  He is on Amoxi for an
overgrowth of clostridium and on liquid nutritional recipe as he doesn't
chew kibble.  His teeth are that of an 8 week old kit but it is as if he
doesn't have the strength to chew hard kibble.  He is so tiny - weighing in
at only 424 grams.  He has gained weight since he's been with me.  It's
cute to see the big ferrets and this little one.  They look at him and then
up at me as if to say "he smells like a ferret but he's too small to be a
ferret". :-)  It takes me forever to get chores done as I end up following
him around the house to make sure he is o.k.  When I'm sleeping or not at
home he is in the front bedroom with the oldsters.

Warm hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity