Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:40:22 -0500
Bottom line: how many proven cases are there of ferrets eating baby
parts? How many? How many of dogs?

We may never find out the "real" results of the necropsy. So we are
left with what we do have and are discussing here. However ... armed
with those two facts alone .. that's all you need to have in a pinch
when the public panics or the law over reacts and gets absolutely
prejudiced about ferrets in regards to "eating babies". Okay?

Can someone please please find answers to at least the very first
question?

I thought of another question regarding the case. Isn't it interesting
that the man Michael spoke with claimed there were body parts in the
ferrets stomach but no one, NO one has commented that they found any
blood on the ferret. A tiny ferret feasting on a flailing infant who
is bleeding profusely would be drenched with blood. Ferrets are messy
eaters to begin with. If they were so sure the ferret did all of the
damage, why was the first thing not said was that there was blood
found on the ferret? (dog's dont typically get blood on them in such
instances ... at least not badly). Just thinking out loud there.

Please note that I am not blind as to the fact that a ferret, or any
other pet mammal could do this. I am open minded. It will not seem it
in my posts and ramblings because everything I've read about this in
the news is completely closed minded in the opposite way. Someone has
to discuss the other possibilities and argue the points, and that is
what I'm doing. Enough has been said about the ferrets capability and
the likelihood that it did this in the media. I don't mean here on the
fml, dont take that wrong, we can't discuss any detail of this case
enough and all of us are expert in some way with our experiences so it
can do nothing but be constructive. But nothing has been said in public
(other than the first little report where a ferret person loudly kept
saying how unlikely it was) about other possibilities such as what is
being discussed in this forum. The lack of the word "alleged" and the
lack of most of the press (and authorities) telling you that there were
dog"S" in the house is irresponsible.

My own opinion, for what it's worth, is that at the very most this
ferret was licking up if not chewing on the tail end of what a dog
began.

Poor, poor babies. I'm haunted by the visuals of a baby screaming as
its being slowly eaten and a baby ferret being slammed against the
wall and dying in that way.

Wolfy