From:
Jenny Kinsella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:28:48 0500
Hi all,
Well, I am finding so much joy in the little things lately!  My youngest
male Thorton has a particular liking for ankle gourmet lately.  So, after
considering the many suggestions I've recently read here, last night I think
I tried them all.  I was at the sink attempting to do my nightly kitchen
deal, and the games began...MUNCH!  BAM!  Shot from the squirt bottle.  This
only made my ankles all the more delicious!  MUNCH!  Next it was the tackle
to the ground, scruff and yell those famous words, "NO BITE".  Well,
little(hardly!)Thorton just laughed and danced and came leaping back for
more.  Finally, I scruffed him, held him up(supporting his bottom, of
course) and gave him the stare down, the yell etc.  This time he finally
figured out that mommy wasnt into this game.  Ofcourse I felt terrible for a
while(he gave me dirty looks at bedtime).  But tonight, Woohoo!, Not a bite!
Is it possible?  Oh, I forgot to mention, during the battle, I did the old
bitter apple to the ankles routine.  Wouldnt you know just then Thorton goes
dancing away and who comes hopping in to groom mommy-Bandit!(Moms pride&
joy-honor roll ferret).  Poor Bandit, the innocent by-stander!  I think it
was all part of Thortons big plan!  Tonight im joyful though, because all my
kids finally like Linatone!  Even Thorton, I think we'll get along better
now!  Now the weird thing-I just noticed yesterday, little Thorton has a
broken tail!  Its the strangest thing.  Theres an actual crook, right at the
end.  I thought I felt a lump a few days ago, but now I feel a definate
break.  But there has been no incident that any thing fell on him, etc.  He
hasnt limped or cried or anything that would indicate hes been in pain?  I
can only assume that he caught it somewhere or it got shut in a door or
something.  Hes only 3 months.  Im dumb-founded.  Well, its night night time
for this bunch!  Keep dooking!

-Jen&The Gang(Pepi, Bandit & Thoton-morten-brokentail-melonhead)