From:
Matthew Romoser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 22:01:55 -0500
Hello FML members,

My name is Matt Romoser and I am an electrical engineer living in Ft.
Wayne, IN.  I have been reading this newletter for a couple of weeks and
am extremely impressed with its content and the people who post here.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am currently
looking to adopt a "fuzzie" if there is anybody out there (Northern Indiana,
Southern Michigan, North-West Ohio, North-East Illinois, South-East
Wisconsin) who wants/needs to part with their ferret.  I realize that this
might be a long shot, and this type of solicitation may even be frowned upon
by the FML, but I thought that I would try.

I am looking for a reasonably well-mannered (well, as well-mannered as
ferrets get I guess.  I would probably be better served by saying "Not mean,
vicious or ill-tempered") under 2 year old ferret who needs a new home.  I
can provide a stable home, good food , love and plenty of nick-nacks to hide
under the bed for a ferret.  I work a standard 40 hours a week and I'm home
every evening.  There will be plenty of opportunity for walks as there is a
park less than a quarter mile from my apartment.  Plenty of opportunity for
travel when I visit my S.O. in Wisconsin.

Some considerations you may want to keep in mind before you respond to me:

    1. The ferret should enjoy travel because I spend about 2 weekends a
       month in Wisconsin.

   2. This will be my first ferret.  If you are uncomfortable with that,
      then please don't respond.  If not, I promise you that I am very
      serious about the commitment that goes into caring for a fert and that
      I am very trustworthy.  I have some more to learn, but I've learned a
      lot already because I've wanted a ferret for 3 years now and have
      "studied up" on ferret care.

    3. This may sound selfish but, if the reason you're getting rid of yo ur
       ferret is because it refuses to use a litter box, I'm sorry, but I 'm
       not interested.

    4. I currently do not own any ferret equipment.  So if your ferret's

[Moderator's note: The post just ended here.  Though I wish Matt good luck
finding a ferret that never misses the litter box :-)  BIG]