From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:35:55 -0500
The best bet at this point is that Meltdown had a brief bout of a bladder
infection; if it springs up again she'll be on biactin (if I recall the name
properly).  What we will see if her kidneys start to go will be pretty
constant urinating and drinking as the kidneys push out fluid without
removing wastes from the blood.  That's very different from what we saw.
Hanan is completely startled by how great her heart sounds and there are no
longer any funny lung sounds so if that was a mild infection or a bit of
ascites in the lungs we don't know.  She may have a new ultrasound as long
as she continues doing well enough that there does not appear to be a danger
doing so; a ferret-buff cardiologist is extremely curious and would cover it
since it would be not for her treatment for to add to the data base.  BTW,
Hanan thinks he could do either of two new operations if they would be
appropriate (the excision, or the muscle wrap) but he thinks that the pain
of breathing with cut ribs might be just too much strain.  She flirted
mightily with him (and he with her -- he so loves ferrets but has no room
for any till he and Lisa find an affordable close-enough house), and had
hugs.  She also showed off that you can't even tell now which leg had the
femoral artery clot.  This is one TOUGH critter!

Sukie

P.S.  It was not a change in her ascites that we were seeing; we have
gotten REALLY good at monitoring ascites.