From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 15:41:12 -0500
After examining Meltdown yesterday Hanan was not negative about the idea of
us adding a kit (which we'd been avoiding to reduce her stress levels -- but
now there is also a bit of boredom creeping in for Meltie).  This is
something we have to think a good time about.  Hanan says to wait on getting
a biter for rehab until after she is gone because of our yelps being
upsetting till we show it that it can be secure, loved, and not frustrated,
plus it might have been ECE exposed which we CAN'T risk.  This means we need
to think seriously if we can manage a kit as well right now.  Honestly, we'd
LOVE to add a non-ECE one to the family, but could we give it enough
attention right now, and how are we going to be SURE of it being non-ECE...
A large sort-of-local pet store does carry ONLY Marshall Farms kits so those
would be safe as long as they do NOT go through a distributor of multiple
source ferrets; we'd have to check on that and see if any are in to meet.
(Our luck with our own which are Marshall Farms has been EXCELLENT.) We
could start contacting Central N.J.  breeders, too.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, we
have to think about whether doing so might be positive and not at all
negative for Meltdown.  Not an easy call.  Your thoughts?

Sukie