Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:44:17 -0800
Hello, y'all

Here's an update on the whereabouts of my roommate, Chris, who was in
Thailand when the tsunami hit.

I did finally hear from him this past Sunday.  He was on Phuket Beach in
Thailand but far enough inland that he managed to stay clear of harm's
way.  However Chris's cell phone was dead and in the mayhem he lost his
charger converter and therefore could not charge or even turn on his cell
phone to initially retrieve my phone number.  And the phone lines were
all but non-existant after the initial shock hit so Chris had quite a bit
of difficulty reaching his family, who finally contacted me.

Chris is now back in Japan with his fiancee but he's quite sick with some
bacterial infection due to the unsanitary conditions he was in for a few
days.  And he's not being allowed to fly until he's given a release from
a Japanese health facility.  He's hoping to be back home, in his own bed,
sometime this weekend although (forgive me for sounding insensitive)
we're both worried about him passing "something" along to my furkids.

But at least Chris and his fiancee are OK.  Cheers and Happy New Year to
everyone!  Thank you for your concern, well wishes and support :-}

Jennifer, Sasha, Snowball, and Phoebe