From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:57:29 -0400
It was Thursday evening.  Bob had said he might be passing thru on his way
back home on Thursday or Friday, and would try to stop in and visit.  But it
was getting late, and I was afraid that once more our paths would not cross.
I was going to be heading out of town on Friday.

Then, suddenly, the phone rang.  It was Bob.  He was nearby, and was it too
late to stop by.  Never mind the fact I was getting ready to retire for the
night, of course it wasn't too late.  I gave him directions to my house, and
waited for him to arrive.

The knock at my door starteled me.  I opened it to find - was it a god - no
it was Bob in all his glory!!  He was everything I had imagined and more -
the beautiful streamin', gleamin' ponytail, the chiseled face, the strong
manly physique.  I invited him in, and called a mutual friend, who came over
and brought some of her ferrets.

First we introduced Bob to our ferrets, and let him examine each one
thoroughly, exclaiming how beautiful or handsome each one was.  Next we
talked into the wee hours of the morning about ferrets and the meaning of
life.  Finally, when we were all too tired to move, we bid each other
goodnight.

I awakened early the next morning when I heard someone quietly moving
through my house, and I got up to investigate.  Bob was packing up his
stuff, preparing to leave.  My heart was breaking, but I knew it had to be.
Bob had other places to go and other people to see.

Perhaps, if I am lucky, our paths may cross again someday.  However, until
that day, I still have the memory.

Danee DeVore

PS - Actually, my whole family enjoyed finally having the chance to meet
Bob.  My 22 year old son said, "For someone old enough to be my father, Bob
really is cool.", and my husband wasn't even mad that we kept him up way
past his normal bedtime.