From:
Margaret Pinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 1995 21:40:15 -0500
        I recently bought a ferret harness from Ferret Outfitters (I think
it's made by Marshall Farms).  I put it on Cedar (the ferret, of course) to
let her get used to it.  She jumped, squirmed, and burrowed like I thought
she would, until she was reasonably used to it.  Then I tried a leash and
whenever I try to restrain her, she slipped right out.  If I make it any
tighter, she instantly looks for someplace to hide.  It's as if she's
really scared about it being tight.  It also looks tight to me.
        So, my question is, how tight should a harness be?  I don't want
her hurt, but I *can't* let her slip out of the leash outside!
        Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Malin Pinsky