From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 03:43:33 -0800
nope, no enemies Rebecca,.... but I really feel that you have done a
grave injustice to the potential new ferret owners......................
you did not mention the poop often enough, nor did you mention that
litter box training is a really good joke!  I'm pretty sure that you
were a bit light on the vet bills as well... but then again, we've got
all old ferrets, medically fragile, so maybe it's just our 14 that are
costly.

When people ask how in the hell did you end up with so many ferrets....
that's when ya whip out your pocket picture-book, and start showing the
fuzz-butts off.  It's that fuzzy face, the total love they give, the
innocent looks, even while pooping where-ever, the sheer exhuberance for
life that they have.  I doubt if we will ever take in a horde of 8 all
at once again, but how can you say no to a weasel.... let alone 8?  (the
others came to us in ones and twos) It's hard to give negative points re
ferrets when ya have so many, but I too point out the energy, love, time
and costs that weasel owners incur, and lay it on thick when I see a
potential problem person.... like someone who would think of a ferret
as a pet, and not an equal ;-)  I've known many pet owners over the
decades.... all with dogs, cats, gerbils, even duck, horses, and pigs....
not a one of them has even come close to the totally insane way we ferret
people are with our babies!  what's up with that??  I've sobbed more over
the death of a ferret than any of the humans in my life that have died!
Whacked I tell you, a bubble off plumb, loose wiring, missing screws,
(Tool hoarder talking)...

Has anyone looked into the psychology of people with ferrets?  I'm not
saying that we need to act normal, mind you,,,, I'm just realizing that
my co-workers no longer refer to me by my job description, but as the
"one with all the ferrets"....

Well, one last poo patrol and off to bed.... We only have one weasel (AKA
the other woman) who sleeps with us.  she's old blind, and grooms with no
biting.... she snores too.

Michelle the sleep deprived, and the gang of 14