From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:04:47 -0800
While many other arguments can be made about outdoor vs. indoor ferrets,
health is definitely not one of them!!!  One of the many adrenal cancer
theories involves natural light and temperature; North American ferrets
generally have a far higher adrenal cancer rate and, coincidently, are
usually housed inside.  Non-North American ferrets, on the other hand, are
often housed outside and their adrenal rate is far lower.  Figure that one
out.  Caveat: adrenal cancer is a complicated issue, and this is only one
of many (in my opinion) contributing factors.

This may be my moment to brag about my fuzzies.  My fake Christmas tree was
up for at least 6 weeks last Christmas and it was NOT dissmantled by the
FLO!  Granted, the antique crystal ornaments weren't hung on the lower
branches <g>, but other than one errant bobble "magically" rolling away
from the tree, it was left alone.  The tree skirt, on the other hand, was
enthusiastically rolled in, dragged to hidey-holes, and pounced upon.  I
have an excuse if things turn out differently this Christmas, however:
Kayla is new to this tree thing and she *may* be a little less sedate. :-)

Ariel
Jasper, Baxter, Kayla