From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:42:10 -0500
Greetings to all!

I'm looking for info on starting a local ferret organization in Toledo,
Ohio.  I'm sure I have no clue as to how much work this entails; any info
is greatly appreciated.  Feeling really grateful to all of the wonderful
ferret owners who have helped me learn about these incredible little
guys, and now might be a good time to use this gratitude to help others.
Sometimes it's hard to feel like one person can make a difference
anywhere, but in reading the FML every day, I see that each one of us
can, and the effect is cumulative!  The ferrets that own me, and the ones
I've fostered, have loved me unconditionally and brought so much joy into
my life.  And although I can't prove it, they've been a very powerful
antidote to the chronic depression that plagues me.

Anyone in the Toledo area who would like to help get a ferret owners
group started or is interested in belonging, please contact me :-)

On another subject - I'm planning on putting down a new floor in the
living room.  I'd like wood or one of the wood laminates like Pergo.  The
ferrets have occasional access to this area, so I need to know how any of
the wood or wood laminate surfaces will hold up to those little presents
that they so happily leave us in the corner.

Santa brought my fur family a wonderful present this year!  We got a
beautiful chocolate sable male kit from West Valley Wuzzles in Phoenix.
Santa flew him in on Delta, and he's just beautiful.  He's the second
guy I've gotten from Kevin and Julie at West Valley Wuzzles, and they do
an incredible job of socializing and litter training all of their kits.
Spunky weighed a little over 1.5 pounds when he arrived (he has not been
neutered) and three weeks later he's up to 2.5 pounds (and has two of
the cutest little fuzzy ferret balls!)  He's now bigger than my largest
Marshall farms adult, and has the best personality, as Spunky as his name
implies, with no fear of people, no nipping, and getting along well with
my other ferrets and the cat.

Warm regards, and hug those ferrets,
Peg Francisco and the Perrysburg Polecats