From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:48:07 -0500
Greetings to all FMLers and the fuzzies that own them!

We did not have enough folks sign up for the ferret meetup in Toledo,
but we did it anyway!  We met at the ferret cage at Pet Supplies Plus,
got to know each other as we oohed and aahed over the babies, then met
for lunch at McDonalds.  What we lacked in quantity (there were 8 of us)
we certainly made up for in quality and enthusiasm!  We all told stories
about our fur kids, and shared ideas on getting a real ferret owners'
group up and running.  We'll be contacting vets, pet stores, and the
local Humane Society to get the info out to other ferret owners.  The
group is strongly committed to educating ourselves and the community
about ferrets.  How exciting to meet up with such a nice bunch of
people!!!

I will serve as the acting "membership coordinator" until we become an
offical organization with officers, bylaws, etc.

Would appreciate any input from other folks who have started ferret
organizations - what worked well in getting started?  What would you
have done differently?

Peg Francisco and the F.E.R.T.s - Ferret Enthusiasts of Regional Toledo