From:
alicia ferretlady drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:05:01 -0800
"It is ALWAYS SOMETHING!"

Hi Friends --
It is your old Buddy Jerimiah - it has been a LONG time since I wrote-
adn I had to borrow this email address from shelter Mom as we are STILL
HAVING TROUBLE with our Ferret Wise email.  Bad Bad email!

First of all- we are in one piece here at Ferret Wise - that says
something.  It seems that our hospice folks and shelter folks have had
a hard few years but it does not slow us down.. we are still trying to
make a difference for the ferrets!  and I a such a big helper! :)

Both shelter Dad and Mom have been ill for several days with the nastiest
flu they have known- meaning our housekeeping needs to get back on track
we have been having a ferret GREAT time!  In order to do so they said
immediate needs necessitates order - emergencies and scheduled vet appts
will prevail over casual visitations for the next few week here at Ferret
Wise.

Saturday Jan 8 the shelter folks were scheduled at St Gregory's House for
med checks, evaluations , food delivery, etc.  We delivered 16 melatonin
implants for the second round of treatment of the ferrets there.

Two elder ferrets were admitted into our hospice program on Jan 15th.
Both appear healthy and though they are nmot eating- a normal elder
ferret grieving symptom - are now in permanent residency at LeDoux
hospice.  Welcome Holly & Ivy, we hope you will bounce back and be
brigfht real soon!  .  No appts will be scheduled at the shelter until
after January 27th at best, however emails and calls for general
information will be handled as fast as we can manage.  We continue to
experience problems with our ISP and email addresses, please bear with
us.  If need be use thie above email address!

Meanwhile roof repairs continue on the old building and we hope this will
curtail some of the moisture issues we have dealt with in the shelter
wall the past few years...

We want to say a HEARTFELT Thank YOU to all those who have gone out of
their way to send along Holiday Cheer to the ferrets and program support
to Ferret Wise programs.  2005 will indeed be a challenge for us-- but
we are committed to forging ahead.  We have had several contacts for
information on age of sale in other states and hopefully we can help a
few more states in their initial challenge... riding on the heals of the
impending PetsMart sales of ferrets any little bit of help for these
critters will make a difference!

Our crew of ferretonin kids are approaching their second implant !  All
except Marie have shown remarkable progress... We are still deliberating
as to try a second implant or surgery with Marie- though winter surgeries
are not favored until after the roof repairs are complete anyway!

Thanks so much to new hairclub sponsor Lisa O.  You will help an elder
ferret maintain better health with your sponsorship.  We will assign your
ferret as soon as we evaluate the new kids and give a priority to the
candidates!  Each round of ferretonin runs the shelter $500.00 so as you
can imagine - any sponsorships our shelter friends make- allows us to
make good use of vet funds for other purposes.

Lastly - BIG HUGS to the folks who did some Holiday shopping via iGive-
your purchases will benefit the shelter in a dividend check will be
issued in the near future!  If you have not looked into the opportunity
of supporting charities ( not just Ferret Wise - though we hope you will)
please consider helping through this wonderful partnership program!
http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=1890

Through January 31, 2005, each new member who joins iGive and shops will
earn an additional $5 for you!  That's on top of the standard donations
from shopping (up to 26% of each purchase benefits your cause!).  Only
one hitch: supporters must shop within 45 days of joining to get
the bonus.  With over 520 stores now at iGive.com, we have something for
everyone!  and at eBay we are continuing to offer some great items to
help support our growing elder care residents:

Treats & Toys:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4350926513
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4349908103

Valentine sleepers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4350906651
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4350905961

Books, Magazines & back issues, notecrdas, tee shirts & More supporting
shelter programs!!
http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Kolor-shop_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm