From:
Mark Weinstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:18:56 -0500
>I didn't like them climbing inside the couch, but I am finding they might
>be better off to wander around in a new area.  The Sofa an Loveseat are
>not recliners, they don't have beds in them - they are pretty much hollow.
>Other than checking cushions before sitting down, are there other
>concerns???  I would greatly appreciate any stories, good or bad about
>Couch crawling (inside the couch)...thanks everyone.

Stephanie,

Our Mutley decided that the couch was his personal sleeper.  He got into
the arms and found a nice hollow place to sleep.  Aside from this making it
very difficult to get him back in his cage, he also decided that it wasn't
padded enough, so he chewed (or ripped) some of the stuffing out of the arm
(from the inside) and made a nice bed for himself.  Now, others have talked
about ferrets eating various cotton-like substances.  If your ferrets can
get into the couch and into the stuffing, you might want to reconsider
letting the play in it.  We had to eventually staple pet screen to the
bottom of the couch to keep him out.  Nothing else worked, includin soaking
the area in bitter apple.

Mark